In this document you will find information on:
- Sample dataset
- CMIP5 data extract multimodel
- CMIP5 data NorESM including historical
- How to download CMIP5 data
- Aerocom Database
Sample dataset for pyaerocom
A minimal sample dataset can be found in pyaerocom-data repository. To get started, download or clone the repository using
git clone https://github.com/NordicESMhub/pyaerocom-testdata
and follow the instructions provided in the README.
The dataset requires about 200 MB of disk space and includes the following data:
Model data (subdirectory modeldata)
- sample data from CAM5.3-Oslo (Aerosol optical properties -> AODs, Angstrom coeffs., 2008-2010, monthly). The data files are in NetCDF format and can be found the renamed subdirectory.
Observation data (subdirectory obsdata)
- Aeronet V3 level 2 direct sun products and SDA: Subset of 100 randomly picked stations (the same both for Sun and SDA) in form of ascii files.
- MODIS: AOD @550nm, 2010, daily (NetCDF format)
Follow the instructions provided in the README. If you have the pyaerocom software installed (including all required dependencies), you can try to run the getting_started Jupyter notebook that comes with the test dataset.
A small subset of CMIP-5 (Coupled Model Intercomparison Project ) data has been copied on NIRD:
cd /projects/NS1000K/NEGI-Andoya/inputs/CMIP5 ls
ACCESS1-0 CESM1-FASTCHEM GFDL-CM3 HadGEM2-CC MPI-ESM ACCESS1-3 CESM1-WACCM GFDL-ESM2G HadGEM2-ES MPI-ESM-LR bcc-csm1-1 CMCC-CESM GFDL-ESM2M historical MPI-ESM-MR bcc-csm1-1-m CMCC-CM GFDL-HIRAM-C180 inmcm4 MPI-ESM-P BNU-ESM CMCC-CMS GISS-E2-H IPSL-CM5A-LR MRI-CGCM3 CanAM4 CNRM-CM5 GISS-E2-H-CC IPSL-CM5A-MR MRI-ESM1 CanCM4 CSIRO-Mk3-6-0 GISS-E2-R IPSL-CM5B-LR NorESM1-M CanESM2 download GISS-E2-R-CC MIROC4h NorESM1-ME CCSM4 EC-EARTH HadCM3 MIROC5 CESM1-BGC FGOALS-g2 HadGEM2-A MIROC-ESM CESM1-CAM5 FIO-ESM HadGEM2-AO MIROC-ESM-CHEM
CMIP5 data from NorESM1
All postprocessed cmorized NORESM1 CMIP5 data are stored at nird, eg historical data:
We copy data on request to /nird/projects/NS1000K/NEGI-Andoya/inputs/
Or you may get acces to the project NS9034K. Send nird user name by email to Michael.
Unprocessed CMIP5 data from NorESM1
A subset is found /nird/projects/NS1000K/NEGI-Andoya/inputs/pyaerocom-testdata/modeldata/
To look into the AeroCom database directly, apply for user account: https://wiki.met.no/aerocom/user-server
To make your research reproducible, it is important to keep track of all the data you will be using in your research (how and where to get data, etc.). Some publishers require both precise information on data and software/scripts you are using before your can publish your paper. All data are to be stored in a directory under /nird/projects/NS1000K/NEGI-Andoya/inputs/
Adding a readme file is required.
Important aspects to consider
Data management plan (DMP)
A data management plan (DMP) will help you manage your data, and help others use your data if shared.
Examples of national and international systems for DMP:
- Norwegian Centre of Research Data (NSD)
- Universitetet i Tromsø (UiT)
- National e-Infrastructure for Research Data (NIRD)
- Digital Curation Senter - DMP online